Hard Mode in Darkest Dungeon II is a significant challenge, but it is possible to beat it with the right strategy. Here are a few tips:
- Prepare your heroes well. Make sure your heroes are well-equipped and have the right skills for the challenges they will face. You may also want to consider using Trinkets to give them an edge.
- Be patient. Hard Mode is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. Don’t expect to win every battle, and be prepared to retreat if things are going badly.
- Use the environment to your advantage. The environment can be a powerful tool in battle. Use it to your advantage by setting traps, blocking enemy movement, or creating chokepoints.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There is no one right way to play Hard Mode. Experiment with different strategies and see what works best for you.
Here are some additional tips that may help you in your playthrough:
- Focus on building your economy early on. This will allow you to buy better equipment and hire more heroes.
- Research technology that will give you an advantage in battle.
- Don’t be afraid to expand your territory. The more territory you control, the more resources you will have access to.
- Be prepared to fight. The other factions will not hesitate to attack you.
Here are some of the challenges you may face in Hard Mode:
- The enemies are stronger. The enemies in Hard Mode are much stronger than in Normal Mode. They will hit harder, have more health, and deal more damage.
- The dungeons are more dangerous. The dungeons in Hard Mode are more dangerous than in Normal Mode. They are filled with traps, hazards, and enemies that can easily kill your heroes.
- The rewards are better. The rewards for completing dungeons in Hard Mode are much better than in Normal Mode. You will earn more gold, experience, and loot.
If you can overcome these challenges, you will be rewarded with a sense of accomplishment and some of the best loot in the game. Hope you liked our How to Beat Hard Mode in Darkest Dungeon II guide.